"Police in Newport, California, drew their guns on all-star Major League Baseball player Torii Hunter outside his own home on Wednesday. The police arrived after an alarm had accidentally been activated at the home of the African-American player. Hunter tweeted, “They didn’t believe I lived here in Newport Coast so they walked me upstairs at gunpoint to get my ID.” Soon after, one of Hunter’s teammates tweeted, “That’s racist.” Hunter responded, “LOL … Now you know I can’t say that.” Hunter is a winner of the Branch Rickey Award for service and a two-time finalist for the Roberto Clemente Award, which recognizes players for community involvement and sportsmanship."
- kissesandchamomile likes this
- deanisbatmanandsamlosthisshoe likes this
- deanisbatmanandsamlosthisshoe reblogged this from myasphyxiatedmind
- xanderslander reblogged this from scooterpiebanana
- mybodythehandgrenade likes this
- Show more notes